Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Round 2 at Cure

I've eaten at a majority of the awesome restaurants in Pittsburgh.  New ones keep popping up and making my list never-ending, but luckily my appetite is equally never-ending.  Out of the 26 new restaurants that I've tried since September, Cure is still my favorite.  I just went for the second time on Thursday night and it was even more amazing this time!  Here's a brief review of what I tried: 

Bread and Butter - Asiago focaccia with lard butter and sea salt + a little medley of olives with roasted garlic, citrus, and fried rosemary (half order) -this stuff is amazing.  Don't ever think bread is a waste of calories!

Brulèed Halloumi with some sort of concord grape sauce, thyme honey, golden beet tahini, and dill + those little pieces of toasty malawach 

Sunchoke soup - this one is already off the menu, but it was really awesome (and pretty!)

The Beets - Easily the best beet dish I've ever had!  It was served really cold with Meyer lemon greek yogurt, fennel brittle, cucumbers, and black olive zabaglione.  Also, look how beautiful it is! *heart eyes*


Cynar Cured Albacore Tuna - black olive oil, hibiscus, celery, orange blossom, preserved grapefruit,
blood orange sorbet.  This was the most artistic dish I've ever had.  I was a little hesitant imagining eating sorbet with fish, but knew it had to be amazing and it was.  

Ricotta Gnudi - aka gnocchi made with ricotta instead of potatoes (kinda like what I did back in November) with pecorino romano and truffle butter.  Heavenly little pillows.

Beef Tartare -I gave up meat for lent, so I didn't try this, but Matt thought it was amazing.  Not only did it contain pickled heirloom chilis, oyster aioli, black garlic, shallots, and cured egg yolk, but it was served with house-made salt and vinegar chips and butter lettuce leaves to roll into mini wraps.  I'm sad that I'll never experience this one.
Dark Chocolate Soufflé Cake with olive oil, sea salt, pistachio butter, grape and blood orange sauces... OMG.  Definitely a feel tears well up in your eyes type of dessert.  YUM. 

 Please do yourself a favor and check Cure out.  If you want to be further convinced, here's my last post about trying it for the first time.

Post a Comment

0 Comments